International Gambling Disorder Certificate (IGDC) Application Instructions
Below you will find instructions for completing your application for IGDC status. This certificate aims to increase the number of counselors able address gaming disorders in their current outreach, prevention, and clinical settings. Best-practices and evidenced based approaches are emerging for the treatment of gaming and digital misuse, as well as the intersection with problem gambling and gambling disorders. Other high risk groups for co-occurring issues include other mental health and substance use disorders.
Candidates are required to:
- Submit completed Form A.1 Applicant Information Form which includes names of Board Approved Clinical Consultant (BACC) and On-Site Supervisor. A list of BACCs is available in the counselor directory on www.ncpgambling.org/help-treatment/counselor-directory-agreement/ or by contacting the Certification Administrator (firstname.lastname@example.org or 202-547-9204 ext. 24).
- Carefully read, sign and submit Form A.2 Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Submit completed Form A.3 ICGC Directory Authorization.
- Submit completed Form A.4 Consent to Release of Information.
- Along with the above described forms A.1 – A.4, include a non-refundable payment of $185.00 in form of check, credit card (Please call our office for the Credit Card Payment) or money order.
- Submit documentation of bachelor’s degree or equivalent (with explanation and request for equivalency consideration)
- Submit documentation of a International/state/jurisdiction recognized certification or licensure in case management, substance use disorder counseling, or mental health counseling or equivalent in work experience.
- Documentation of 50 direct contact hours addressing the issues, prevention and early intervention, co-occurring and when to refer for individuals and families with a gaming disorder (i.e., training certificates)
- For those who do not provide direct care: Documentation of 50 hours of providing outreach and awareness activities on the issues, prevention and early intervention, co-occurring and referral resources for individuals and families with a gaming disorder.
- Upon completion of your 15 training hours (IGDC) request two co-workers or peers to complete Forms C.1 and C.2 Colleague Evaluation Form (one for each co-worker). These forms are to be returned directly to the IGCCB by the evaluators. Peers who complete these forms may not also complete the S.1, S.2, S.3, S.4, S.5, nor S.6 supervisor forms.
- Upon completion of your 15 training hours (IGDC), request your on-site Clinical Supervisor to complete Form S.1 Clinical Supervisor Information, Form S.2 Clinical Supervisor Evaluation and Form S.3 Delineation of Responsibilities and S.4 Professional Code and Ethical Standards. These forms are to be returned directly to the IGCCB. Supervisors who complete these forms may not complete the C.1 or C.2 co-worker forms or the S.4, S.5, S.6, or S.7 BACC forms
- Upon completion of your 50 direct contact hours, request your BACC to complete Form S.5 BACC Information, Form S.6 BACC Evaluation, Form S.7 Delineation of Responsibilities and S.8 Professional Code and Ethical Standards. These forms are to be returned directly to the IGCCB. BACCs who complete these forms may not complete the C.1, C.2, S.1, S.2, S.3, or S.4 forms.
- A Confirmation of Employment Letter must be sent to the IGCCB by either the Director of your agency or the Personnel Department. This letter should state the dates of your employment and your official duties. For those in a private practice setting, send this letter on your official letterhead. Should this be a volunteer position the Director should indicate so in his/her letter.
A confirmation letter and certificate from the IGCCB will be sent to the applicant once all requirements have been met. Please allow 4-6 weeks for IGCCB to review each application.
PLEASE KEEP COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FOR YOUR FILES. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS, SEND COPIES. Permission is granted to reproduce these forms.
The Board reserves the right to ask for the credentials of any individual signing that they have supervised you in your gambling counseling duties. Please be sure the names listed on the application correspond to those on the forms