Read Through The FAQ For Answers To Some Of Our Most Asked Question
Look through our FAQs below for the answers to some of our most asked questions.
I can’t locate the forms on your website for certification/recertification.
IGCCB no longer uses any paper forms for recertification. Everything is done through our online certification process, Certemy. Please access your account from IGCCB's homepage.
How do I create an account with Certemy for IGCCB?
My password or username for Certemy doesn’t work.
- If you have multiple accounts, make sure you are using the correlating email/passwords for each account
- To reset your password, click ‘forgot password’ on the Certemy website
- To reset your username, email email@example.com
I can’t seem to upload my CEs in Certemy.
- When uploading or downloading from Certemy, make sure you are using a Chrome browser
- The file you are uploading must be 5MB or less
- Submit individual CEs instead of multiple at once
- Use PDF file format whenever possible
My clinical supervisor, colleagues and BACC are not getting my email request in Certemy to complete the information.
- Double check the submitted email. It might be misspelled or missing letters/punctuation
- Make sure those receiving the emails have checked their junk/spam folder
- Ask them if they have multiple Certemy accounts. If so, they may be looking in the wrong account for the email
I’ve entered everything in Certemy and it still says “Pending Verification”.
- Please make sure you have submitted everything necessary for the application to be processed. IGCCB will not receive the notification to process a review unless everything is correctly submitted. When viewing your application, double check all sections are green.
- If colleague/BACC submissions are still pending, make sure they actually complete the submission. Clicking ‘accept’ is not sufficient.
- If you still have problems, you will need to contact Certemy support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
My application is complete. When can I expect to receive my certificate?
Once you have received confirmation your application was completed, your certificate will then appear in your ‘digital wallet’ in your Certemy account.
I never received my Certificate in the mail.
Certificates are no longer mailed. You will be able to view and download your certificate from your ‘digital wallet’ in your Certemy account.
How do I sign-up/schedule for the gambling counselor exam? / How do I set up a time and date for the exam?
There are step by step instructions on how to schedule for the exam in IGCCB’s handbook. You can view this handbook on the ‘Examination’ page of our website.
I don’t appear in the Counselor Directory.
- Check in your Certemy account that you have allowed IGCCB permission in to show your information in the directory
- Complete missing contact information in your certemy account. Individuals who do not have contact information completed in their account, will not be shown in the directory
Please change my information in the Counselor Directory.
IGCCB cannot update information in the directory, you will have to update your information in your professional Certemy account. The new updates will be shown with the next directory change