Board Approved Clinical Consultants (BACC) Application Instructions
Below you will find instructions for completing your application for BACC status. This designation awards recognition to the commitment made to the counseling needs of individuals with a gambling disorder and their family.
Candidates are required to:
- Obtain a graduate degree or equivalent (advanced certification in addictions or mental health including their recognition at a supervisor’s level by a state or national certification organization), from the human service/behavioral health field from an accredited institution of higher education
- Provide a copy of your ICGC-II certification
- Knowledge and experience as a clinical supervisor of at least 3 yrs. and successful completion of approved 6-hour course on clinical supervision (need not be gambling or gaming specific)
- Gambling and/or Gaming treatment experience of at least 2000 additional hrs. beyond those required for certification
- Demonstrated expertise in the gambling and/or gaming treatment field
- Two Letters of recommendation, one of which is from your BACC.
A confirmation letter and certificate from the IGCCB will be sent to the applicant once all requirements have been met. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the IGCCB to review each application.
PLEASE KEEP COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FOR YOUR FILES. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS, SEND COPIES. Permission is granted to reproduce these forms.
The Board reserves the right to ask for the credentials of any individual signing that they have supervised you in your gambling counseling duties. Please be sure the names listed on the application correspond to those on the forms
Ready to get started?
Get in touch, or create an account