International Certified Gambling Counselor-I (ICGC-I) Application Instructions
Below you will find instructions for completing your application for ICGC-I status. This designation awards recognition to the commitment made to the counseling needs of individuals with a gambling disorder and their family.
Candidates are required to:
- Submit completed Form A.1 Applicant Information Form which includes names of Board Approved Clinical Consultant (BACC) and On-Site Supervisor. A list of BACCs is available in the Counselor Directory on our website.
- Carefully read, sign and submit Form A.2 Code of Ethical Conduct.
- Submit completed Form A.3 ICGC Directory Authorization.
- Submit completed Form A.4 Consent to Release of Information.
- Along with the above described forms A.1 – A.4, include a non-refundable payment of $200 with credit card through the Certemy Certification System.
- Submit documentation of bachelor’s degree or equivalent (with explanation and request for equivalency consideration).
- Documentation of 30 hours of gambling specific training (i.e., training certificates) for ICGC-I.
- Upon completion of your 100 direct contact hours (ICGC-I), request two co-workers or peers to complete Forms C.1 and C.2 Colleague Evaluation Form (one for each co-worker). These forms are to be returned directly to the IGCCB by the evaluators. Peers who complete these forms may not also complete the S1, S2, S3, and S4, S5, nor S6 supervisor forms.
- Upon completion of your 100 direct contact hours (ICGC-I), request your on-site Clinical Supervisor to complete Form S.1 Clinical Supervisor Information, Form S.2 Clinical Supervisor Evaluation and Form S.3 Delineation of Responsibilities and S.4 Professional Code and Ethical Standards. Supervisors who complete these forms may not complete the C.1 or C.2 co-worker forms or the S.4, S.5, S.6, or S.7 BACC forms.
- Upon completion of your 100 direct contact hours (ICGC-I), request your BACC to complete Form S.5 BACC Information, Form S.6 BACC Evaluation, Form S.7 Delineation of Responsibilities and S.8 Professional Code and Ethical Standards. BACCs who complete these forms may not complete the C.1, C.2, S1, S.2, S.3, or S.4 forms.
- A Confirmation of Employment Letter must be sent to the IGCCB by either the Director of your agency or the Personnel Department. This letter should state the dates of your employment and your official duties. For those in a private practice setting, send this letter on your official letterhead. Should this be a volunteer position the Director should indicate so in his/her letter.
- Submit copy of passing test score of the International Certification Examination for Gambling Counselors (administered through Professional Testing Corporation, www.ptcny.com/clients/IGCCB) to the IGCCB. Applicant must upload a copy directly to the Certemy Certification System.
A confirmation letter and certificate from the IGCCB will be sent to the applicant once all requirements have been met. Please allow 4-6 weeks for the IGCCB to review each application.
PLEASE KEEP COPIES OF ALL DOCUMENTS SUBMITTED FOR YOUR FILES. DO NOT SEND ORIGINALS, SEND COPIES. Permission is granted to reproduce these forms.
The Board reserves the right to ask for the credentials of any individual signing that they have supervised you in your gambling counseling duties. Please be sure the names listed on the application correspond to those on the forms.
Donate To a Good Cause
Help IGCCB support future counselors